Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 108

This is a picture of the exact amount of potato pearls that it takes to make a "family" serving of instant spuds.  While I worked for the school, I got addicted to potato pearls.  They are the BEST instant 'taters & NOTHING that is sold commercially compares.  I've tried everywhere to find them.  Finally, Scott found a bulk foods company out of ALASKA that was willing to ship to a non-business address.  The pearls are NOT CHEAP but I can't even eat "real" potatoes anymore.  It has to be these little bits of heaven.

Scott wanted to learn how to make them so, if I'm ever out of town again, he can make some.  2.5 cups water, 2.5 cups milk, .25 cups of butter & 1.5 teaspoons of salt.  And THIS MUCH potato pearls.  For the record, Scott is the one who wanted this to be my picture of the day.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment